Dr. Michael Bisconti
WHY I CAN CHARGE MY SPECIAL LOW RATES
I can charge my special low rates for several reasons. Here are a few:
1. I operate by the principle that it is better to be earning anything than to be earning nothing.
2. I believe it is best to have a steady flow of income, even if one must earn less money.
3. I have lower overhead than most consultants. This is because I have already made my major investments in consultant resources. This is due to the length of time I have been an IT professional and, more specifically, a consultant.
4. My personal budget has been reduced since I have less at-home expenses to be concerned about. This is due to the normal changes in the “at-home population.”
5. I charge higher (but still reasonable) fees during “peak demand” periods that allow me to offset the lower fees I earn during “low demand” periods.
6. My consultant income is regularly supplemented by modest earnings from personal investments.
7. Charging lower rates gets me more offers.
8. Charging lower rates keeps me off the bench. I am always working.
9. Charging lower rates keeps my skills at peak sharpness since charging lower rates results in continuous employment, which involves continuous use of one’s skills. It is this continuous use of one’s skills that keeps them at peak sharpness.
10. I am more concerned about making a contribution to my field of endeavor than I am about making a lot of money.
11. I am more concerned about making a contribution to society in general than I am about making a lot of money. Being out in the field allows me to make that contribution. Of course, I am able to contribute no matter what. For example, I am involved with several educational and charitable organizations. One of them is the L. F. Nexus. The L. F. Nexus has prevented over 500 suicides since its inception.
12. My special lower rates allow a consulting firm to offer the client a lower rate. This makes it more likely that the client will do business with the consulting firm, which in turn makes it more likely that the consulting firm will do business with me.
13. A client that pays a lower rate to a consulting firm is more likely to do repeat business with that firm. That means that the consulting firm will be more likely to do repeat business with me.
Copyright 2000 – 2005 Dr. Michael Bisconti